IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions allow organizations to increase the quality of IT services ensuring the alignment with the business needs.
SMAX AS A SERVICE
As companies become increasingly dependent on their internal or external IT organizations to provide essential business services and functions, it becomes essential for the businesses to have an Enterprise Service Management (ESM) Solution capable to adapt to the businesses processes and able to provide capabilities that will in the end improve the overall business results.
With an innovative architecture, SMAX is built for agility and scale. SMAX is an application suite for ESM and IT Asset Management built on machine learning and analytics that can be fully integrated with CMDB and Discovery.
We provide SMAX hosting, SMAX Managed Services or tailor made deployments to meet our customers’ needs, always following the best practices. By adding corrective or evolutional support we provide an extra advantage to our customers that facilitates their businesses success.
Our offering uses Micro Focus cutting edge technology deployed in Datacentre’s spread across the globe, available from anywhere, with 24×7 support, 24×7 Availability and Performance Monitoring, Tenant Data Backup and Recovery as well as Executive Service Dashboards and product upgrades, offering low total cost of ownership combined with fast time to value.
Our Service Features:
The benefits of SMAX:
According to Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Service Management, Q4 2019, in which Micro Focus SMAX has been named a leader, “Micro Focus provides one of the most intelligent service management platforms currently available, including uniquely advanced automated change risk scoring and proactive change optimization suggestions.”
- Improves Productivity;
- Short implementation times and lower TCO;
- Quick time to value and continuous delivery;
- Multi-Tenant Solution;
- Reduces Ticket volumes;
- Subscription-based with minimal initial capital cost;
- Increased user Adoption;
- Improved end-user autonomy and Satisfaction;
- Machine Learning & Big Data Capabilities;
- Flexible Architecture;
- Easy to expand beyond IT;
- Automation built-in into to the Tool;
- Improved time-to-fix and reduced human interactions;
- Reduced ticket traffic;
- Auto-resolution run-books;
- Increased service quality and number of service levels met;
SOFTWARE LICENCE AUDITING
When Organizations start asking questions like:
What software do I have?
Can I save money on software I don’t use?
Is all my software licensed?
Would I incur in extra costs it I was audited?
The answers are never easy.
These are the main facts about Software Asset Management:
DISCOVERY Software needs to be automatically discovered to have a clear and true vision of the landscape
COMPLEXITY Licensing rules can be complex. It is not sufficient to discover where the software is installed
HARDWARE Underlying hardware and virtualization environments can affect licensing
COVERAGE There is no software asset management solution that will cover all software titles of an entire Organization
The solution is to deploy an adaptable architecture, that will evolve according to the Organization’s needs, based on these building blocks:
|DISCOVERY||Discovery system that will discover the entire software and the underlying infrastructure.
Extract Transform and Load (ETL) processes to invoke web services and run queries on databases to capture licensing as it is measured by the software manufacturer.
|Asset Management solution with Software Counters that use the licensing rules for some of the major software manufacturers, including Microsoft® and Oracle®.|
|DATA ANALYSIS||Analysis of the discovered and calculated licensing, installed software and infrastructure, matching it with contractual data regarding licenses acquired.|
|REPORTING||Consolidated reporting with information on licenses acquired, used and available, and software usage|
- Optimization of the software licensing consumption
- Reduce the installations of software where they are not needed
- Reduce the compliance risks with vendors and internal licensing policies
- Manage efficiently the software licensing acquisitions
- Calculate software costs before the Vendor audits
- Move from a reactive to a proactive approach regarding Software Costs
IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT
Every day, IT organizations face a set of competing challenges. On one hand, IT must adapt to constant change, greater complexity, and expanding user demand. On the other hand, IT needs to improve overall performance while playing an increasingly important role in driving overall business results.
IT Service Management Solutions provide a wide set of core and extended capabilities which are in close alignment with the IT Service Lifecycle described by main IT Service Management best practices – ITIL, ISO 20000, etc. The capability to manage services using a lifecycle approach, with consistent improvement built into the governance model, allows IT to truly enhance the value to the business.
- Accurate Support for Incident, Service request, Problem, Change and Asset and Configuration Management;
- A self-service portal to provide access to end-user customers to create and follow-up Incidents and Service Requests;
- Customized Service level agreements (SLAs), Operation Level Agreements (OLAs) and Underpinning Contracts (UCs) as well as Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to control and monitor operations performance and service levels;
- Documentation and flowcharts for process, procedures, and high level work instructions;
- Improved, standardized screen layout with “smart indicators” to flag related information;
- Configuration management database with configuration items (CI’s) repository and relationships, baselines, and graphical visualization;
- Automated and streamlined request management, based on ITIL service catalog through self-service available to the customer’s end-user;
- Predefined operational reports aligned with the defined Service Management KPI’s;
- Mobility apps for both End-Users and Technical Teams access.
The benefits of IT Service Management Solutions
- Decreased number of calls through self-service requests (call avoidance)
- Sharing of solutions to IT Staff and empower users with self-service knowledge
- Agility in problem identification, according to recurring incidents
- Easy identification of known errors and easy adoption of incident solutions
- Registration and Control of Changes and Approvals
- Improve availability with less outages related to unplanned changes
- Auto-creation of knowledge documents through incident/problem solutions
- Control IT costs related to service requests
- Enable a quicker, easier and friendlier ordering process for the end user
- Reduce the service desk’s workload by raising requests and check their status via the web
- Define, track, and measure IT service levels, improving customer satisfaction
- Track and measure staff performance
- Track and measure key performance indicators (KPI’s) for each support process
- Decrease software and asset costs, reducing overall IT support costs
- Improve the availability and quality of services upon which the business depends
- Transformation from a cost center to a strategic business partner
- Decrease mean-time-to-repair and improve restoration time
- Reduction in SLA targets missed
IT ASSET MANAGEMENT
Caught between cost and compliance, service levels and outsourcers, IT organizations struggle to fully explain the value they provide to the business. ITAM (IT Asset Management) Solutions play a major role in addressing these challenges. ITAM Solutions enables IT organizations to reduce costs and drive business decisions by managing the physical, virtual, financial, and contractual aspects of IT assets.
IT Asset Management solutions offer a comprehensive end-to-end lifecycle asset tracking solution that delivers measurable TCO and ROI year after year. These solutions do everything from discovering IT inventory (hardware & software) and the relations amongst them to managing the asset lifecycle from acquisition to disposal, including related vendor contracts and financial details.
- IT Infrastructure discovery (physical or virtual hardware and software installations)
- Consolidation of assets and Configuration Items (CI) in a central repository.
- Big picture of IT Asset Portfolio through the entire asset lifecycle.
- Relationships among assets and services using (near) real-time information.
- Asset modelling and catalogues aligned with the business and management needs
- Contract management and tracking with specific conditions and terms
- Track compliance with vendor terms & conditions
- Monitor and re-evaluate contracts and suppliers
- Optimize software Licensing spending
- Software Asset Management dashboards
- Financial Management Track all the Asset costs per business units
- Understand the value of assets as they depreciate
- Optimize purchase costs by tracking vendor prices
- Manage approvals and fulfilment of requests
- Manage the entire assets lifecycle
- Know what you have, where it is, who owns it and how much it costs
- Track assets and manage them financially
- Optimize hardware and maintenance costs
- Track IT service cost efficiency
- Identify compliance issues by comparing assets and CIs to gold standards
- Understand the potential impact of changes prior to executing them through predictive change impact analysis
- Manage software license compliance for virtual and physical environments on a continuous basis
- Enable software license optimization, chargeback, and compliance based on software utilization metrics
- Gain visibility with accurate and complete inventory information, based on file system scans